Certified Master Pastry Chef®
The Certified Master Pastry Chef (CMPC) possesses the highest degree of professional knowledge, skill and mastery of cooking techniques as they apply to baking and pastry only after the candidate has passed an intensive 8-day examination.
CMPC exam candidates are expected to have exemplary organizational, sanitation, mentoring, baking and pastry skills. Every aspect of this exam is designed to verify those skills, and candidates are evaluated from the time of arrival until the kitchen is clean on the final day.
General Qualification Guidelines
- Possess the practiced skills to perform baking and pastry arts to the highest standards.
- Have a foundation of quality experience and education in advanced level courses, externships and/or competitions.
- Be physically and mentally prepared to perform eight days under extreme pressure.
- Secure funding to cover expenses: application fee, examination fee, travel, housing, meals and miscellaneous based at approximately $4000–6000.
Specific Experience Requirements
- Hold a current ACF Certified Executive Pastry Chef (CEPC) or Certified Culinary Educator (CCE).
- Letters from two CMPCs/CMCs recommending the candidate for the exam.